Sunday, April 22, 2012

New Finn Riggins

Record Store Day was a huge success yesterday as I traversed to 6 different locations for as many goodies I could get my hands on. One of my favorite records that I picked up was the Finn Riggins latest EP Benchwarmers. Finn Riggins is one of my favorite indie bands out there right now and this new release shows how this Boise, Idaho threesome is by far one of the must see acts in the Northwest. The EP starts out with the title track "Benchwarmers," a groovy rock song that invites everyone to "Shimy to the left, shimy to left, shimy to right." It is probably my favorite song off the 10" EP along with "Parkour." You can purchase the Benchwarmers EP here and stream below.



Another great band that is coming out with a new album early next month is Beach House with Bloom. I picked up their latest 7" that has "Lazuli," which will be on the album, and "Equal Mind," which won't be on the album. After having "Lazuli" on repeat all weekend I can say that I'm so excited to hear the new LP from Beach House. It's dream pop at it's finest. Cool drum machines, a really awesome catchy melody, and my favorite thing, an implied dissonance synth line. Listen to it below and become instantly hooked.



No comments:

Post a Comment