Friday, June 10, 2011

The Weekly Review of the Week

Now in the future I will post new releases every Tuesday, but since I just started today I will start with the hot new releases this week.
Cults debut album has finally dropped this week after a great single release last year. The self titled album sounds fantastic. It has a sort of dream-pop feel to it. The tracks that stand out most is "Go Outside" and "Oh My God." Overall the album sounds like a throwback to 50s pop with a new polished sound to it. Think Beach House meets Best Coast. And if you don't know either of those two bands then you should definitely check them out.
Another great album that came out this week is True Loves by Hooray for Earth. A really cool electro-pop sound that reminds me slightly of Yeasayer. Check out the cool video for the title track "True Loves."
Besides those two great albums Black Lips, Battles, Ida Maria, and Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr. also came out with new releases this week.
The Artist of the Week for me goes to Oberhofer. I have just been listening to his music on repeat all week long, and though he's been around for a year or so I have just recently discovered him. I would put him in the realm of chill-wave, so if you're a fan of Neon Indian or Washed Out, give him a listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment