Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Woods, Tomorrow's Tulips, Miracle Parade, and New Releases

So I know I have been slacking a little bit so here is a bunch of great bands and music. Yesterday's notable new releases were Thievery Corporation, Handsome Furs, and Shabazz Palaces.
So Woods is a really cool band from Brooklyn. Their newest album, Sun and Shade came out last month and it sounds great. It has a lot classic indie acoustic-rock to it. Coupled with Jeremy Earl's folk-y high vocals, it's a sound best described as lo-fi folk rock.
Miracle Parade just came out with their first full length, Hark and Other Lost Translations last week. They are another kind of indie folk rock, I really enjoy the single, "The Dying Physicist."
The last band I'll share for today is Tomorrow's Tulips, who I just learned of today. Another cool lo-fi band emerging out of Costa Mesa, CA. I love their crunchy guitars and the use of the reverb on the vocals. Their first full length is due to come out on July 19th on Galaxia Records.

No comments:

Post a Comment