Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Era of Extraordinary

So this last weekend was MusicFest NW and it was a huge success. There were a lot of great acts from openers to headliners. Bands of note include The Joy Formidable, The Corin Tucker Band, Eleanor Friedberger, and The Olivia Tremor Control. Those were the bands I did not know of before seeing them live and they rocked so hard, my ears are still ringing from them.
                                         (I suggest watching the whole 9 mins)

I also picked up the brand new Neon Indian album Era Extrana, and I must say that it is incredible. I highly recommend that you purchase it, but you can also stream it for free here. It's everything you could ask for in a second album, a little of the old sound with a lot of new sounds and more mature lyrics. So stop reading and go listen to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment