Tuesday, September 27, 2011

It's Tuesday!

Wow what a big release day today. Wilco's The Whole Love, Blink-182's Neighborhoods, Mastodon's The Hunter, Dum Dum Girls' Only In Dreams, and Sleep ∞ Over's Forever.
The Whole Love is Wilco's seventh studio album and it does not fail to please. Much of the good ol' Wilco sound is still there, but with a new kind of rock energy that comes forth. If you are a Wilco fan, I highly recommend it. Listen to it here.
Speaking of a seventh studio album, Blink-182 is back with Neighborhoods. Though their sound has matured over the years, Neighborhoods has a bunch of punky-rock pop songs on it. I was quite surprised since I thought they were going to put out another sappy pop album. Plus Travis Barker is probably one of the best drummers alive today. Check it out here.
I'm really excited to finally put an actual metal band on here. Yay! Mastodon comes out with their latest The Hunter. Super rock is what I have to say about them, never disappointing. Though I don't know a lot of their older music, I am really enjoying this new album. It's here for a free listen.
With their sophomoric effort, Only In Dreams, the Dum Dum Girls slowed down the tempo just a little bit. Though it sounds more poppy I feel like it's more of a complete album for them. I am in love with the song "Coming Down" so make sure you check that out and the rest of the album here.
Finally last but definitely not least Sleep ∞ Over's debut full length Forever is probably my favorite one today. I think the best way to describe it is ambient meets chill wave meets electronica. The synths lay out the landscape while the vocals paint this amazing picture of the cosmos. Check out the video to the single "Casual Diamonds" below.

No comments:

Post a Comment