Thursday, September 6, 2012

Music Fest NW Night 1

Last night was the first night of MusicFestNW. It was a great start to the end of the week leading into the weekend. I started the night off by going to the Crystal Ballroom to see LP open up for Passion Pit. LP was a great surprise for me, they have a great alt-rock sound fronted with a highly talented singer. This lady has golden pipes, it was incredible to hear her live. I highly recommend seeing them perform, they give off a great energy that is easy to get down to. Check out their live EP that came out earlier this year below. My favorite is the title track "Into The Wild."




Passion Pit came on next to a full house at the Crystal. Talk about high energy, frontman Michael Angelakos knows how to get the whole city of Portland fired up and dancing. Though Passion Pit is a little more main stream pop oriented than what I usually cover, I had a blast at the show. They started it off with the new hit single "Take A Walk" from the newest album Gossamer. It was a great show so make sure you check here to see when they play near you.



The last stop I went was at Mississippi Studios to go see LA band Superhumanoids. Having never heard them before, I was in for a treat. They have a great heavy synth-pop sound that was very easy to get down to. These guys, and girl, have great song writing skills that makes listening to them a treat. Towards the end of their set they pulled out a cover of "I Wanna Be Sedated" and it was one of the best covers I have ever heard. Superhumanoids has great talent and I can't wait to hear more from them. Check out the photos over on our website KillingSasquatch.com.



No comments:

Post a Comment