Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Music Fest NW Night 4

Saturday night was a night of rock and roll and lasers. I started the night out at Pioneer Square seeing local rock stars Starfucker. The guys were stoked to be playing at the square and their performance showed that. They played all the great hits like "German Love" and "Millions." They have a bunch of shows throughout the year so check here to see if they are coming to you. You don't want to miss them.




The next show I wanted to see was The We Shared Milk, but instead my car got a flat tire and I missed the entire show getting the spare on. So after that mishap I went over to Bunk Bar to see local Portland band Mission Spotlight. This five piece indie country rock band was a real treat to watch and drink a beer to. They have such a great sound with their slide guitar and blend of post-rock and country music. The slide guitar plays my heart strings and his voice sounds almost god-like. Check out their new album called Everything That Floats.




Next up at the Bunk Bar was Seattle duo, My Goodness. And my, did they rock so freaking hard! These guys might just be my new favorite band. They play an awesome blues-rock that reminds of early Black Keys. My Goodness is another reason why rock 'n' roll isn't dead. Check out their bandpage here and watch the bad-ass video of their single "I've Got A Notion" below.



The last band that I caught was Sad Baby Wolf. Started by Marty Crandall and Neal Lanford, former The Shins/Flake Music members, this post-rock outfit totally rocked out the Doug Fir Lounge. Super high energy lo-fi post-rock mixed with catchy choruses and riffs, these guys are worth a listen to. They also had really cool finger lasers that were fun to play with. I'm really stoked to hear more from these rockers from Albuquerque, NM.



Check out the photos at our website KillingSasquatch.com

No comments:

Post a Comment